Thursday, February 26, 2009

Past my bedtime

Just a quick note before turning for the night. I will be gone until Saturday. A group of 7 other ladies and I are going to Guntersville State Park for a retreat. We will be leaving at 9:30 in the morning. I am really looking forward to it. I NEED SOME DOWN TIME.

This week has been a killer. We met on Tuesday for our ladies' class, but instead of a Bible study we cooked for hospice. We put up 100 plates plus we also ate lunch. We had dried butter beans with ham pieces cooked in them, cornbread, freezer slaw, sweet potato patties with butter and brown sugar, home made mac and cheese and dessert. We were dog tired when we finished. Then we had to come back about 2:00 Wednesday afternoon to prepare our final fellowship meal which was sphaghetti, salad, garlic toast, dessert and drinks. Then today was six month dental check. Then I had to embroider a blanket for my brother to take to his grandaughter's first birthday on Sunday. So it is now 10:30 and I am going to bed.

Will post next week and let you know how the retreat turned out.

Have a blessed week end and God bless.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Have FUN!!! I know you will!

Love you!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I know you will have a great time. I love retreats. I want to hear all about it. God bless you real good this weekend.

Gizmo

Gizmo