Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Friday

Today is my play day at the hospital. At least that is what I call it. Actually it is my volunteer day at the gift shop, but I LOVE it so much that I consider it play. I still feel my Mom near me when I walk those halls that she once walked.

And getting to go to the nursery is an added bonus. Those little precious ones are so cute and so perfect. I love George Strait's new song,"Today I Saw God." What else can you see when you see that newborn. It is perfect, knows no wrong, and sees only good. How I wish some of the parents would see it the same way. I try to tell each of them that and since Walker Baptist is a faith-based hospital I can talk about God without fear of getting whacked with a law suit.

Today is a beautiful day, still cold, but due to warm up. The sun is out in all its glory and I can take cold when it is like that.

Guess I had better get my tail up and get ready. My shift awaits. Until the next chapter in my most exciting (???) life, Adios, me amigas.

3 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I want to volunteer at the hospital when I retire. I want to work at the gift shop...I was a candy striper when I was 13 - 15 at our local hospital in South Florida and loved it. Have a great weekend!

Ms. Marty said...

You will love it. It is like Christmas every time we get a new shipment of stuff. We have a new manager and she is great. Since the auxiliary actually owns the gift shop, she even gets our opinion on what will sell or not. She lets help in a lot of ways that our other manager didn't. The old one was good, but new blood always adds to the mix.

Unknown said...

aww I LOVE babies! We want to adopt a baby once our oldest son is in college. Uh that would make 7 kids LOl so we are THINKING about it. I may just Volunteer at a hospital insteed!!. Thank you for stopping by my blog! It gets a bit lonely at times lol! The children are true blessings to us and we are so blessed to have them in our lifes. I feel lucky to have them!

Gizmo

Gizmo