Saturday, October 9, 2010

just some rambling thoughts

The weather is really pleasing me lately. Only complaint is that it warms up in the afternoon. It will be really nice when it stays in the low 70s and high 60s all day and with a breeze and sun shining. I guess God doesn't have to have me to do His weather planning, but maybe just a little hint won't hurt.

Joe and I are leaving shortly to go to Cullman. Today is the last day of their annual October Fest, the only one world-wide that does not serve beer. They seem to have great crowds and lots of stuff going on anyway. We will end up the afternoon by going to Rumor's Deli for a German style meal. Having never been to Germany, I have no idea if it is authentic or not, but Joe, having been to Germany, says it is close.

Well, this is probably the world's shortest blog post, but Joe is ready to leave and I don't want him to change his mind. The weather is good, I've got my walking shoes on and nothing is hindering us. Will give you a report later among some other thoughts.

Life is good, God is good. Thank Him for the first.

3 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Have fun and next year I am going to take Frank. He lived in Germany when he was a child and loves German food. We always look for a good German restaurant when we are traveling. We WERE going to go to Helen, GA and then on to Knoxville, TN for a few days but it snowed at Clingman's Dome yesterday and we are going to forgo Helen to see the snow.

Trina said...

Next year, you, Dad, Karen, Frank, John, and I should ALL go together! FUN!!!

Ms. Marty said...

Sounds like a good day to me. I so want to meet Karen and Frank. I still feel like Karen and i may be sisters from another life.

Gizmo

Gizmo