Saturday, September 18, 2010

Karen's questions

1. What is your favorite season and why?2. Do you have a Bucket List and what is one thing you have on it?3. Do you go to Starbucks(or another coffee chain) and what is your favorite drink there?4. What book are you currently reading(or just finished)?5. Do you take pictures? What kind of camera do you have and share a current picture with us!6. What is your favorite genre of music and favorite group, band, individual from that genre.7. Where was your most favorite vacation and what made it your favorite?8. What is your favorite thing to cook/prepare and share the recipe

Hey Karen. Thanks for the chance to share with you. After the answers you may think i am a hum-drum person, but here goes.

1. Favorite season has to be the fall/autumn because of all the seasons this is the one that shows the wonder and awesomeness of my God. I know there is not a paint mixer anywhere that could match what He puts out there.
2. I do not have a Bucket List. Just haven't taken the time to make one.
3. Don't go to Starbucks much since we do not have one close by, but i do frequent our coffee shop, Lobby Lattes, at the hospital. My favorite varies.
4.It is a book by terri Blackstock, "Last Light" (I think.) Anyway, it is a mystery set in Birmingham.
5. I do take pictures but not a lot. My camera is a Kodak digital and I would love to share some of them if I knew how.
6. My favorite genre of music is country/gospel. Right now I am listening to a lot of the Gaither CD's. I am going to the concert in B'ham in December so I am practicing so I can be in fine voice that night.
7. Gosh, all of the vacations Joe and I took were favorites, but I guess the most favorite was when he surprised me by taking me to Buffalo NY where my dad was from. We even searched until we found my grandparents old home. Was I ever disillusioned when I saw it. It looked like the house, but not like it did when I was 11-12 years old.
8. I have cooked so little lately I just don't know. Let me see. I guess it would be the old stand by chicken casserole and I think everybody has that recipe. I have learned a little trick from one of my friends. Use both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups and add sliced water chestnuts. Also, put a layer of the Ritz crackers on the bottom of the pan. Yummo!!

Thanks again, Karen.

2 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved your answers. I feel as if I have known you forever. Have a great week!

Trina said...

Hi from your long-lost daughter! :) I love your answers, even though I could have probably answered most of them for you. LOL

I haven't ever tried water chestnuts in chicken casserole. I bet it's delish.

I MISS YOU! Love you!!!! Hope the job is going well.

Gizmo

Gizmo