Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today I saw God

I see God everyday, but today was kind of special. You see, I am an autumn person and when that first morning of real chilly weather hits, I am in my element. The sky was (is) a beautiful blue and the trees are beginning to struct their stuff. How can anyone with the ability to see not believe that there exists a being far superior to any one on earth? Who can invent or mix colors that can compare to what He does every fall? This has always been my favorite season for as long as I can remember. I even wrote a poem once about it, but I have no idea where it is now.
Our little "outside" dog is really enjoying it. Her playmates from next door were over here this morning as we left for church and they were having a grand old time. They would run and wrestle all over the yard. Of course if Gizmo was here he would have been right in the middle of the fray except that he would be bossing. I still miss him so very much. That sweet young special lady named Jessi sent us the most beautiful card with a special note added. No one can know what that meant. Especially since Jessi knows what it feels like to have lost a best friend that just happened to have four feet instead of two feet and two hands.
I am closing for now. Got to leave for life group early and go by the grocery to pick up supplies to cook on Tuesday. I will not be able to be there, so I will do the shopping today rather than tomorrow. Joe is having an epidural on Tuesday morning and I was, naturally, elected as the designated driver. The doctor is hoping a couple of epidurals will postpone any surgery for a time. We will see. He was in favor of just doing the surgery and being through with it, but the insurance company doesn't see it that way. Surgery is the last resort with them. Go figure. Seems like it would be less expensive to do the surgery rather than go through two epidurals and then do the surgery. But then the shots are supposed to possibly even not to ever have to have surgery. Time will tell.
Oh, any of my visitors that drop by (except Trina - she always visits) please just sign in and say hello. I would really like to know who is reading my stuff and if you have any comments, good or bad, critical or complimentary, really doesn't matter. May a good comment with some postive critique would help.
Anyway, everybody have a great week.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Jess had asked me for your address, so I knew she was planning to send y'all a card. She is a sweetie. She gets that from me. hahaha

Ummm---I think you've forgotten to tell me something. Epidurals for WHAT? Surgery?? I know there has been a lot going on in the last two or three months, so I'll forgive you.

You just missed my ballgame post.

Love you!fxksorus

Trina said...

Helllooooo!!! Busy woman, you need to blog!

Love you!

Gizmo

Gizmo